Snapchat is a leading app for sharing photos and videos with your friends and family members. The app is fun to use, especially used by teens and young adults for communication.
Yes, you have many apps for communication, but Snapchat steals the show by offering unique and useful features. The app allows you to share photos and videos, play with different lenses and filters, etc.
If you have been actively using Snapchat, you may know that the app allows you to save the snaps on Memories to your phone’s camera roll. When the Snap is saved to Memories, you can access them without worrying about data loss, but what if they’re set to only save to Camera Rolls?
When snaps are set to save to Camera Roll, they will appear in your smartphone’s Gallery app. They are not stored in cloud storage; so if you lose your phone data, all your saved snaps will be lost forever.
Transfer saved Snapchat videos to computer
To avoid data loss, it is recommended to transfer saved Snapchat videos to your computer. This way you can access the saved snaps without the Snapchat app and without worrying about possible data loss.
So, if you want to know how to transfer saved Snapchat videos to computer, continue reading the guide. Below we have shared some easy ways transfer saved Snapchat videos to computer. Let’s start.
1. Set your Snaps to save to Camera Roll
After capturing a snap, you’ll be given an option to save it. When you long press the save button, you get two options: Save to Memories, Save to Memories, and Camera Roll.
To transfer your saved Snapchat videos to your computer, you first need to set up the Snapchat app to save all your new snaps to your camera roll. Once saved to the camera roll, you can easily transfer the photos to your computer. Here’s what to do.
1. First open the snapchat app on your smartphone.
2. Then tap on your profile picture in the top left corner.
3. On the profile page, tap the Institutions gear icon in the top right corner.
4. Select ‘Memories‘ from the list of options that appears.
5. In the Reminders, tap the To rescue Knob.
6. Select ‘Memories and film roll‘.
That is it! Tapping the save button from now on will save the snaps directly to Memories & Camera Roll.
2. How do I transfer Snaps from Memories to Camera Roll?
Many users may want to transfer their existing saved Memories snaps to the camera roll. They must follow these steps.
1. First, open the Snapchat app on your smartphone.
2. Then, swipe up from the bottom of the screen. This opens the Memories.
3. Next, in the Snaps section, look for and long press the Snap you want to save to Camera Roll.
4. Tap the at the bottom of the screen Export knob.
5. On the next screen, tap the ‘To download‘ button under the ‘Share tosection.
That is it! The snap is exported and saved to the camera roll on your smartphone.
The best ways to transfer saved Snapchat videos to computer?
Once the Snaps are saved to your camera roll, you can transfer those Snaps to your computer or laptop. Below we have shared some easiest ways to transfer saved Snapchat videos to computer.
1. USB transfer
The easiest way to transfer saved Snapchat videos to computer is to use the traditional USB transfer.
All you need to do is connect your phone to your computer with a USB cable and then transfer all saved Snapchat videos or images.
Depending on the processing speed of your PC, all Snapchat videos will be transferred. Make sure that the cable connection is made correctly to avoid interruption during the transfer process.
2. Upload saved Snapchat videos to Google Photos
If you’re using an Android smartphone, Google Photos is already installed. Google Photos is a great photo and video storage application that is free.
You need to enable the backup and sync on Google Photos and wait for all your photos and videos to back up and sync to Google Photos.
Once you’re done, you’ll need to transfer all your photos and videos to your computer. Here are some of the simple steps you can follow.
1. First, open the Google Photos app and tap on your profile picture in the upper right corner.
2. Select ‘Photo settings‘ from the list of options that appears.
3. Tap ‘Backup‘ on the Photo settings.
4. When you’re done, put the ‘Backup‘ choice. This will back up your saved Snapchat photos and sync them to Google Photos.
5. Now open Google Photos in your computer’s web browser and log into your Google account.
6. Select the photos/videos you want to download and click three vertical dots in the upper right corner.
7. From the list of options that appears, select ‘To download‘.
That is it! This will download your Snapchat videos to your computer.
3. Email your saved Snapchat videos
Emailing the saved Snapchat videos is another best option. The goal here is to send an email to your address as you attach the files. Once the email is sent, you need to open it from your computer and download the files.
1. First, open the Gallery app on your smartphone and long press on the Snapchat video you want to transfer.
2. Then tap the To steer button in the lower left corner.
3. From the Send menu, select ‘Gmailor any other email service you use.
4. Now compose the email and tap the To steer knob.
That is it! Now open the email account from your computer’s web browser and download the files you sent.
4. Send videos to iCloud
The Google Photos app isn’t built into the iPhone; therefore, you can rely on iCloud as an alternative to transfer saved Snapchat videos to your computer. Here’s how to use iCloud to transfer saved Snapchat snaps and videos to a PC.
- Open the Institutions app and tap your name at the top.
- Select from the list of options that appears iCloud > Photos.
- Next one, switch the’iCloud Photos‘ switch.
- Once done, open iCloud on your PC and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Then click on ‘photos‘ and select the videos/photos you want to download.
- Once selected, click on the to download icon at the top.
That is it! iPhone users need to follow this iCloud method to transfer their saved Snapchat videos to computer.
5. Use file sharing apps
If your PC has a Wi-Fi card, you can use file sharing apps to transfer the photos/videos from your phone to a computer.
Third-party file-sharing apps are on the decline, but they’re still available. You can use such apps to connect your Android/iPhone to your computer.
Once connected to the computer, you can easily transfer the files. This is the easiest method but requires installation of third party apps.
Saving Snapchat videos to a computer might seem like a big mess, but knowing the right method helps a lot. Here are the few best ways to transfer saved Snapchat videos to computer. Let us know in the comments below if you need more help on this topic.